A SIP Trunk provides the same service you get from a traditional phone lines. The difference is, instead of being a physical wire, a SIP Trunk is a “virtual” line which is provided by a SIP trunk provider delivered over IP using the SIP protocol.
Benefits of SIP Trunking
- Lower circuit costs
- Lower PSTN origination/termination fees
- Better customer service
- Move offices and keep the same number
Typical SIP Trunking Sample
Features of the FreeSBC
- Back-to-back user agent (B2BUA)
- DOS/DDOS protection, dynamic blacklisting and call access control
- Easy to deploy, operate and manage through various interfaces including a RESTful API
- Integrated network troubleshooting tools (traces, media/signaling recording, test call generation, etc)
- Up to 60,000 simultaneous signaling and media sessions
- Media transcoding
- Flexible and extensive routing with SIP headers modification capabilities
- Fit to install on virtual machines, clouds, baremetal servers or TelcoBriges' hardware.