VoIP Ethernet Capture TMG7800
|This article applies to:||Product||Version|
|Tmedia||2.7, 2.8, 2.9, 2.10, 3.0, 3.2|
To do a VoIP capture with a TMG7800, it is required to:
- Connect one of the VoIP Ethernet port (VOIP0 or VOIP1) to a laptop with a straight ethernet connection. The laptop must support a gigababit connection
- Use Wireshark on the laptop.
Once the physical setup is ready. It is possible to start capturing the RTP.
Preparing Tmedia for Capture
telnet [eth0 IP address of the telecom unit]
The prompt will now be:
- Start Wireshark to capture the Ethernet packets with the connected laptop.
Start the Capture
- Do one of the following command to capture packets according to your setup:
For capturing all Ethernet packets that go through VoIP0 and copy them to VoIP1
mv88eMonitor 0x4 0x4 3 600
For capturing all Ethernet packets that go through VoIP1 and copy them to VoIP0
mv88eMonitor 0x8 0x8 2 600
- Stop Wireshark and save the captured data to a file
To stop the Capture
mv88eMonitor 0 0 3