Toolpack v2.3:Create an MTP2 Link
In order to create a new MTP2 link, you must configure a number of parameters.
A number of advanced parameters may also be configured as indicated in the latter portion of Step 2 (see below).
1. Click 'Create New MTP2 Link', to access the MTP2 link configuration window.
2. Enter a name for the MTP2 link.
- Select the connection mode. Normal requires that you choose the timeslot used. HSL uses all timeslots.
- Select the line service carrying the SS7 payload, set the protocol type, DPC, and the timeslot rate.
In this example, when an HSL connection mode is chosen, all of the timeslots are used automatically.
3. Click 'Create' to save the settings.
4. Verify that the MTP2 link is listed in the MTP2 Links listing.