Toolpack installation 2-3
This section covers the steps required to install the Toolpack system from a new host. You will be required to install the prerequisites listed below before installing Toolpack itself.
If you would like to migrate a Toolpack v2.2 system, please follow the Major Upgrade Procedures.
The prerequisite will be different according to your operating system. The prerequisite guide needs to be executed once per system. If your OS is not included in the list below, please contact TelcoBridges support.
- CentOS 4 prerequisite guide
- CentOS 5 prerequisite guide
- Debian 4 / Debian 5 prerequisite guide
- Fedora Core 8 prerequisite guide
- Solaris 10 Intel prerequisite guide
- Windows XP prerequisite guide
Prerequisites validation guide
If it is not already done, you can validate your newly installed prerequisites.
Make sure that your firewall enables the following services and ports.
- Service: http (SystemId/tcp) i.e.:(12358/tcp)
- Port: All ports (tcp/udp) enabled for local networks
Failure to open those ports will render socket communications between the distributed software elements unavailable.