High Availability Overview
This article describes the TelcoBridges Tdev High Availability feature. The hardware and software are both designed with the following 2 goals in mind:
- First and foremost, to recover from a system failure and minimize the system downtime or instability. This is achieved with a fault tolerant and redundancy architecture.
- Secondly, to keep active calls open after a fail-over, whenever possible.
To learn more about high availability and redundancy, see TelcoBridges website.
TelcoBridges High Availability
TelcoBridges High Availability should be seen as a collection of high availability and redundancy features instead of one single feature. This means that customers can do as little or as much as they require to create a high availability system.
The following list of terms are commonly used in the description of high availability features:
- Active Calls
- Load Sharing
- Switchover Period
- Transient Calls
High Availability Features
Hardware High Availability Features
- Dual Power supply
- Host redundancy
- Tdm Interfaces (OC3/STM-1 APS)
- Clocking (Multiple clock sources)
TelcoBridges Hardware HA Product Checklist
This checklist provides a quick overview of each Tdev model and their high availability support.
|Products||Hardware High Availability Features|
|Dual Power Supply||Control Network Redundancy||Dual Voip Network||Host Redundancy|
|TMP6400||(with 2 U)|
- Configuration Database
- Signaling Stack
- Toolpack Application Suites
Installation, Maintenance and Provisioning
This section demonstrates how to install, upgrade, and configure a high availability system.