Tmedia, Tsig, and Tdev Web Portal 2.7 Tutorial Guide
This guide is designed to provide users with a scenario-based approach to installing Tmedia and Tdev systems, using the Web Portal configuration tool. This means that users must first go through the steps that are general to all installations, and subsequently follow the instructions that are specific to their particular application scenario (this corresponds to the type of service, and hardware system being set up).
Prerequisites This document assumes that the Tmedia or Tdev devices are installed as described in their Quick Reference Guides, and in the case of the Tmedia system communication has been established with the control network.
(Note: Tmedia devices are shipped with the Tmedia Web Portal pre-installed, while Tdev devices require that Toolpack be installed as described in the Tdev installation guides.)
Furthermore, in the case of a Tdev device and the initial configuration of the Toolpack application server, the following will have been provided:
- The Tdev device to which the Web Portal will first connect.
- The Tdev device will have been pre-configured with its physical TDM interface.
- The serial number of the Tdev device will have been entered into the configuration file.
- The application software for the Tdev device will have been pre-installed on the Toolpack application server, as described in the Tdev installation guides.
- System: A system is defined as the complete solution that is designed for a network. If a system solution is comprised of 4 TMP6400’s and a TMS1600, then the combination of these TelcoBridges devices is termed a system.
- Hardware: Each TelcoBridges devices, whether it is a TMP6400, TMG3200, or TMS1600 is referred to as a hardware device or hardware adapter.
- Line Interface: The physical TDM module installed on the TelcoBridges device is referred to as a line interface.
IMPORTANT! The Topics covered in the following table are common to all TMedia installations. This section should be consulted before moving on to any other.