This page contains pointers to help troubleshoot Toolpack-based systems.
Problem: The web portal does not start or is not accessible.
Problem: I cannot perform addition or modification of configuration in the web portal. Usually this occurs in a new Toolpack Platform, for example, when new Toolpack software has been just installed on a host or a new TMG3200 is started up.
Problem: The system does not work properly with a copied configuration.
Problem: There are no web browser on the linux host server ssh tunnel can be use to re-direct the connection on a remote host port to a local port:
System configuration backup
Problem: How do I make sure I keep my system configuration?
All the configuration are stored in a MySQL database. To perform a backup, refer to the following links:
For releases before 2.4 or older or if you do not have access to the web portal, see Manual Database Backup.
This could also be useful: Scheduled Database Backup
Problem: The Tmedia device does not accept or generate calls
- See here: How to troubleshoot call routing
Problem: Fax call is not working
- Please follow the instructions here: How to troubleshoot Fax Calls
SS7 CIC group is locally blocked
Problem: A SS7 Circuit Identification Code is blocked.
- You can control this: See SS7 Circuit group control
Problem: E1 trunks are not up
Problem: Cannot ping VoIP interface
The IP address of the VoIP port is configured and you cannot ping it.
How to gather all logs
Problem: Which application logs should I gather?
- See How to gather all logs with TBReport (Version 2.9 and up)
Access to unit
Problem: I lost access to the unit. How to recover the IP address of the unit?
- Please follow the procedure in the installation guide: Installation Guides
Problem: I lost the SSH password
- It is possible to reset the SSH password. Please contact email@example.com to get the procedure.
Problem: I want to do a factory reset
- Normally a Factory Reset is not required. System can be re-configured to original settings in a few steps. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get the procedure.
- Factory reset is available on recent versions of the TelcoBridges units. The procedure is described here: Factory Reset.
Installation (for developers)
Problem: Toolpack fails during installation
Problem: Can't download a new software package
- You see this error while trying to download a software package with wget:
Resolving download.telcobridges.com... failed: Temporary failure in name resolution. wget: unable to resolve host address `download.telcobridges.com
- See "nameserver" in Configure Management IP address
Problem: The Toolpack system does not start
Problem: I want to change the hostname of the server running Toolpack
How to submit a problem
Problem: I don't know what else to do
- Help our support team help you by giving as much information as possible; see 'How To Submit A Problem'