Toolpack v2.3:Creating a Primary Line SONET/SDH Interface
Note: In order to create a line interface, the Tmedia unit must have a TDM module installed.
To add a line interface
1. Select Line Interfaces from the navigation panel.
2. Click 'Create New Line Interface' from the Information panel.
3. To create a Primary OC3 line interface:
- Enter a name for the line interface, and set the Line Type to OC3
- Set the local index to 0 which corresponds with fibre number 1, and set TX State to Laser On
- Set the Channel to 1 for the primary interface
- Click Create
The Line Interface was successfully created message is displayed.