TB Media Gateway
TB Media Gateway Tmedia is a full-featured media gateway application that works with TelcoBridges' family of media gateway and value-added services (VAS) development platforms to provide core media gateway functionality.
TB Media Gateway supports the following core media gateway functionality:
- TB Media Gateway offers support for all major wireline, wireless and IP voice codecs.
- TB Media Gateway can terminate multiple trunks from multiple different service providers.
- TB Media Gateway supports a variety of call routing functions, such as least-cost routing; percentage-based routing; as well as routing based on variables such as call origin, call destination, time of day, etc. TB Media Gateway also features the ability to write and edit rules via a high-level scripting language. New call routes can be applied without restarting the system.
- High Availability
- The system has been designed from the ground up to be always available. Every module of the system includes redundancy to allow survivability of the system in any situation.
TB Media Gateway is comprised of three main elements:
- The first component, Toolpack Web Portal, is used to configure the inputs used to drive media gateway functionality. These include the number and types of network interfaces connected to the device(depending upon the model, ranging from 1 to 64 T1/E1/J1 interfaces, 1-3 DS-3 interfaces, 1 STM-1 interface, or Ethernet) ; the active signaling protocols (such as SS7, ISDN, SIP, SIGTRAN), the active services (MTP2, MTP3, ISUP, SCCP, M2UA, M3UA and others).
- The second component of TB Media Gateway is the run-time application which manages call routing, accounting and status information.
- The third component, Toolpack Engine, manages the conversion between signaling protocols and voice codecs required to connect calls between different end-user devices. The power and complexity of Toolpack Engine is hidden from view; it interacts directly with the run-time application.
- TB Media Gateway is provided with full source code for the application component only. This allows you to enhance the functionality to take advantage of additional capabilities of the Tmedia or Tdev hardware, such as the optional VoIP and IVR mezzanine boards.
- Tmedia and Tdev devices support the deployment of additional applications and services alongside the core media gateway functionality. These include:
- Ringback tones
- Unified communications
- SMS messaging
- and many others