SBC Management IP configuration
- Change the IP address, subnet and gateway of the management port, or select DHCP.
- Change the Domain name servers (DNS) used by the internal host (Used for updating Linux packages or other).
Type this command from the console:
Follow the instructions.
Modify static IP address
This example changes the IP address to a static address with no DNS server
- Steps to modify mgmt0 from dhcp to static:
Do you want to modify the network settings (enter 'help' for usage) ?[No] --> yes Do you want to modify mgmt0 ?[No] --> yes Select network mode (dhcp or static) ?[dhcp] --> static Enter IP address ? --> 10.0.0.126 Enter network mask ? --> 255.255.255.0
- Steps to modify the default gateway address (this is necessary to assign an IP address when in static mode.)
Would you like to modify the default gateway address ?[No] --> yes Enter default gateway ip address ? --> 10.0.0.1
- Steps to remove the DNS configuration
Would you like to modify the DNS configuration ?[No] --> yes Would you like to reconfigure the DNS (enter 'remove' to erase dns) ?[No] --> remove
- The script will show you the new configuration. Then you can acknowledge the changes.
Do you want to save this new configuration ?[No] --> yes
- You can ask the script to restart the network service and apply the new configuration.
Would you like to restart the network service now ?[No] --> yes
NOTE: For 1+1 systems or when using external transcoding devices, some internal networks are configured. Make sure there is no IP conflict with your management netwokr when configuring these.