The M2PA (Message Transfer Part 2 Peer-to-Peer Adaptation Layer) is used to replace the MTP2 layer entirely. In contrast with M2UA, M2PA does not include MTP2 links between the two point codes. However, it still requires the MTP3 layer.
The following figures show two different configurations of M2PA:
The first figure includes a setup featuring the signaling gateway as an STP, from the SS7 point of view.
TelcoBridges and M2PA
TelcoBridges supports M2PA as part of its SIGTRAN implementation.
- SS7-M2PA configuration v3.0 (Test link)
- SS7-M2PA configuration v3.0
- SS7-M2PA configuration v2.10
- SS7-M2PA configuration v2.9
- SS7-M2PA configuration v2.8
- Article at Protocols.com
- RFC 4165 Signaling System 7 (SS7) Message Transfer Part 2 (MTP2) - User Peer-to-Peer Adaptation Layer (M2PA)