The TelcoBridges FreeSBC and ProSBC are our Session Border Controller (SBC) products. They provide security, an ease of deployment, IP network adaptation and peering solutions.
They are software upgradeable from 500 to 60,000 sessions (or 30,000 with 100% transcoding), the ProSBC is the most cost-effective SBC product for service providers and carriers currently available on the market that combines solid protection, IP-to-IP network adaptation and fast setup time in a single solution.
Characteristics of the FreeSBC and ProSBC
- Back-to-back user agent (B2BUA)
- DOS/DDOS protection, dynamic blacklisting and call access control
- Easy to deploy, operate and manage through various interfaces including a RESTful API
- Integrated network troubleshooting tools (traces, media/signaling recording, test call generation, etc)
- Flexible and extensive routing with SIP headers modification capabilities
- Fit to install on cloud or virtual environment or on baremetal servers.
Additional features of ProSBC
- Up to 60,000 simultaneous signaling and media sessions
- Media transcoding
- OSS/BSS Connectors like SNMP, Lawful interception, Radius, CDR
- Call trace and other debugging tools
Platforms for running the ProSBC
Various platforms are available for running the ProSBC software:
- Baremetal: This is ideal for a large number of session with high performance. The ProSBC software will use all the server resources to get maximum output. The type of hardware will define what is the maximum capacity of the system. We have certified some platforms in the past (see SBC Certified Hardware), however, since the baremetal servers evolve frequently, please contact our team for recommended configuration.
- Virtualized plaforms - Vmware, KVM: These platforms allow the flexibility to run the ProSBC software along with other services on the same hardware infrastructure. They allow for medium to high performance depending on the resources allocated to the ProSBC.
- Cloud Platforms - Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure: These platforms allow for ease of deployment in multiple regions of the world without the need for infrastructure. A ProSBC can be spawned in a matter of minutes to run a voice service.
See general performance metrics here: Requirements Matrix